1) What is the working title of your book?
Deception (The Transformed, Book One)
2) Where did the idea come from for your book?
I can’t think of any one place that the idea came from. Bits and pieces have come from various places along with my own ideas to create a unique story that’s fun, mysterious, and has a good message behind it too.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
Young Adult Paranormal Romance
4) Which actors would you choose to play in your movie rendition?
Alexis – Victoria Justice
Natalie – Allie Gonino
Mom – Michelle Pfiffer
Dad – Dennis Quaid
Amanda – Amanda Sefried
Cliff – Brant Daugherty
Tanner – Chris Zylka
5) What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Alexis is on a journey to discover the truth about herself when her entire life is turned upside down and she discovers that everything she believed to be true is actually false.
6) What other books are similar to yours?
It’s been called “Twilight with a Twist” by several of my early readers. Although I’ve had people love Deception who didn’t like the Twilight series.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Four months. When I first began, I didn’t have any kind of writing schedule or goals.
8) What other books would you compare this story to?
I’ve started watching Vampire Diaries (which is a book series that I am going to read after the show ends) and there are a lot of similarities between the show and Deception.
9) Who or what inspired you to write the book?
I’ve always wanted to publish novels, I’ve been writing them since I was in the third or fourth grade.
10) What else about your book might interest the readers?
There are a lot of twists and turns to keep the reader intrigued and guessing. I’ve received great feedback from all different types of people, and many who don’t normally like genre have really liked Deception. There will be at least four books in the series, so there is a lot to look forward to!
Other blogs participating in the tour: